It took up a lot of courage for me to shut off my phone and
all the other electronics I use on a daily basis. I am currently sitting under
the willow tree that is located in front of my house. I am looking towards the beautiful green garden
that my grandma planted and takes care of on a daily basis. On top of the
willow tree I see a birds nest and birds flying around and chirping. My guess
is that they live there; I never knew our willow tree had a bird’s nest until
now. I can smell the aroma of the lovely roses that are next to me. The roses
colors’ vary from white, pink, and red. My grandma has planted various types of
herbs like: parsley, basil, terragon, and more. We have an apple tree that
occasionally sprouts some apples each year. The tree that has some fruits ready
to be peeled off is the pomegranate tree. The pomegranates on our tree do not
grow as big as the ones that are sold at the market but taste better than
anything. I can hear the busy city because the garden overlooks the city of Los
Angeles. I can hear the busy traffic, and cars honking at bad drivers.
Everything looks so colorful by sitting in the garden and seeing how different it is to be in nature compared to sitting in front of a computer screen or my phone. I can hear the hose running and
my grandma watering her precious garden. It is a gorgeous day out on Sunday
morning and I have decided that every Sunday I will come and sit in the garden
to just explore my surrounding and it will be my new thinking spot.
This idea made my eyes open in a different way. It makes me
start my day with a peaceful mind and not so moody. It made my eyes open to try
new experiences, and to use my phone less. In this world technology has
overtaken us and it needs to stop. I will start using my phone less because it
made me realize that my surrounding are more beautiful then my phone screen.
From now on I will pay attention of natures beauty.

It is truly amazing to see how only 30 minutes could make you realize such things. The way you described what was going around you made the audience feel like they were there themselves. With your awesome use of vocabulary, and exact description of what is going on, a perfect blog post was created. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAngelica, your description of your surroundings is beautiful, and your reference to your grandmother makes me feel right at home reading your post (even though I already am at home). I did not know you had a willow tree before reading this post and I hope to sit under it with you some time.
ReplyDeleteThe picture you chose for your blog post seems to closely resemble your grandmother's garden Angelica. I would like to know if that is actually the garden or an accurate portrayal of it. The use of colors to describe the flowers and plants was remarkably creative. I hope you will stay true to your word and visit the garden more often. Excellent work!
ReplyDeleteAngelica, your description of the scenery around you was very realistic. It felt like I was pulled from my seat and transported to your garden. I can imagine the mix of aromas and vivid colors you were surrounded by, and I am certain it was a very relaxing experience. Terrific writing, Angelica!
ReplyDelete