Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

  On one of the rainiest, gloomiest and difficult to imagine days of LA, not your ordinary Ice cream eating kind of day, is when I found my favorite ice cream. Arpi, and Lily, and I were working long hours on our science fair project. After two hours of joking around, we finally decided to get serious and start our project. After going through the long list of materials required to get this baby started, we realized that we were out of Styrofoam plates, the item that was the basis of our project. Luckily, Rite Aid was only a hop and skip away. After completing our quick trip and getting what we needed, the skies opened up and the sun began to shine down on a little ice cream shop called Baskin Robbins across the street. It was as if the Ice cream Gods were calling our names. Looking through the display of 31 flavors, I could not decide between the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream or Jamoca Almond Fudge. After sampling both flavors, the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup took my taste buds on a journey through wonderland. The peanut butter chunks were so scrumptious that it made me seem like I was floating on cloud 9. The vanilla and peanut butter chunks mixed together were like a match made in Ice Cream Heaven. Now this flavor may not be the right choice for non-peanut butter lovers, but after trying one spoon, it will make anyone convert to a peanut butter lover. One serving will have you aching for seconds, thirds, or even the whole tub. All the calories that you have consumed in the end will be well worth it. So put on your running shoes and go for that extra mile run and you will thank me later.  
    

2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember this day. I also met one of my favorite flavors then, but that is beside the point. You described the day vividly and your review makes me want to try the Reese’s ice cream again. The next time we goof off before a project, probably our English one this weekend, I hope I will have a chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun times, fun times... I remember sampling this flavor and almost (ALMOST) changing my choice. Your writing portrays this flavor beautifully, as this flavor did seem to come from Ice Cream Heaven itself. Your descriptive language brings the memory of this flavor back, and I am extremely tempted to go out and buy some right this moment. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete